Thursday, August 12, 2010

my life as a single yuppie: a brother to my siblings

I am the eldest of five broods so it is my duty to give assistance to my siblings.
Last night, my sister called from Baguio. She is still in her 2nd year college. She told me that she wants to borrow my HD camera. It is not that I do not want to lend her, but I had just bought her a laptop. Then after two months, the laptop has a defective drive and was reformatted already. She blames the virus that infected the laptop, but I digress. Now she wants to borrow my 35k camera. I am thinking twice because she might be careless again, but at the same time she said that she needs it for her project after I told her a litany of do's and don't, I decided to give her the camera.
I also have a sister who is studying in a university at our province. She is cramming her project and there are still many things to be encoded. So she asked me to help her type at least five pages while she will rest on a little. Because I pity her, I type a portion of her project already typed 10 pages but my sister is not around because she fell asleep already. Because I still have some paper works to do, I saved whatever I finished and start my paper works.
As I am working on my paper works, my brother who is taking his review at Manila texted to ask some words of encouragement. He seems to lag from the review, and he does not understand some of the topics that their instructors were teaching. So , I told him to concentrate, practice and pray. After a few exchanges of sms, I think he got the message already or maybe have fallen to sleep.
My brother who is the second eldest, arrived because of their school activity. He is a teacher on a private school, but he had not yet passed his board exam. However, he got his job because he is an alumnus of the school, and he has a big ego which can exude confidence that the school administrators like so much. Even so, since it is a private school, he is still contractual, and they are paid lower compared to the regular employees. So, most of the time, his salary is not enough for his needs that he still asks some moolah from me. And as usual, he told me that they are going to have a recollection, and he needed extra cash in case of emergency. So I give him some money, and he went to his room with a big smile on his face.
Now, I have not yet finished my work but I feel drowsy also, so I sleep and dream for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment