Saturday, September 11, 2010

life of single pinoy bachelor: boys night out

One of the things that single men like me look forward to is the boys' night out. This is usually done during Friday nights. It can be done to nearby sari-sari store that is open until 10 pm and serves cold beer. Or to the home of anyone in the group, but we usually avoid this, unless there is an event happening at their house. Nevertheless, most of the time, it is a visit to a local beerhouse. The beerhouse is boring without the sexy waitress and seducing guest relations officers (GRO's). We can have our orders and each of us will choose our respective table mates. When you have a tablemate, you expect some chikahan and white lies. Most stories I heard from my ka-table are they came from wealthy families, but they are only doing their present job just to have fun and to be rebels to their parents who do not have time for them. Actually, I almost believed every story they told me but my buddies told me that they were also told with the same stories. So I just try to go with the flow and let them tell what they want. As they tell more stories, more beers and ladies drinks are consumed. However, that does not matter anymore because while they were telling their life stories, kissing, groping and other things can happen simultaneously. When midnight strikes, that is when we say goodbyes to our tablemates and promised them that we will come back for more. After every memorable night like that, I will wake up the next day with a bad hangover and the extra money that could have been my life savings is gone like a bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment