Thursday, September 23, 2010

life of a single pinoy bachelor: online trade using eBay

Eversince I discover online trade, I have been hooked intro buying things online. I tried buying 2nd hand gadgets, cell phones, even clothes. However, not only 2nd hand items are being sold on the internet also new ones. There are many online stores where different items are traded, but I recommend eBay. Ebay has a unique feedback system that you can see the different remarks left by persons to a certain person with whom they had dealt with. They may leave a positive or negative feedback, and a simple explanation to justify the feedback. Other eBay users can also ask some info regarding the trustworthiness of certain sellers. Nevertheless, of all the things being sold at eBay, only half of them are real bargains. Some listed price is too good to be true, that maybe some items are defective or the seller is a scammer. Anyways, I only deal with an eBay seller who has at least ten feedbacks, all positive, and came from other eBay users who are as well with high feedbacks. In that way, I can be assured that the items will be delivered. Next tip is managing your expectations. Some of the items may look good in the picture, but after the items are delivered, they may have visible signs of wear and tear. When it comes to clothing, they may also list brand new clothes but when delivered the fabric has stains and does not look good, something like that. Most of the sellers do not offer returns, exchange and refunds. Anyways, I had some fun dealing with eBay. I had bought many great items, but I had also experienced buying items which are already garbage. Due diligence is really needed to get real bargains and hard-to-find items. Caveat Emptor.

No comments:

Post a Comment